Tuesday 18 September 2012

Some days are harder than others...

I am fighting some old demons this week, and for the last few weeks, in fact.

I find myself confronted with Stress, Exhaustion, Frustration, Anxiety.  All old acquaintances, we've met before, we've battled before, and I have not always been the victor.

And alas, this past while I have indeed often been the loser.  I have caught myself comfort eating in response to their arrival, eating the quick-easy-bad-choice option out of a false sense of urgency.  In fact, I think I am jumping into some of these traps with my eyes open in some sort of self-defeating, 'damn you', misguided declaration of wilfulness.

But I stand here now certain that I am stronger and know better and will stop these behaviours:
  • I know I will fight harder and stronger by fueling my body on nutritious food.  
  • I know that I will feel better about myself for staying in control of what goes into my body.  
  • I know perfectly well that a little extra preparation (in chopping / cooking time as well as packing snacks when venturing out) is invaluable in this war.

I will stay on track.

I will be strong.


I will lose the pounds that have crept on in recent weeks and hold onto this wonderful, vibrant, happy, energetic, fast, strong version of me.  For I love her and want to keep her.


No comments:

Post a Comment