Saturday 8 September 2012

The Opposite of a Vicious Cycle?

I was really complimented the other day when asked to speak at a friend's weight loss meeting to talk of my success and provide some inspiration.  It went really well, I felt like I touched a few people and hopefully may have re-started or encouraged some enthusiasm.

One thing that came to me as I planned my talk this idea that during my journey I became part of the opposite of a "vicious cycle" but rather a "really good cycle": as I started to see the weight loss my enthusiasm increased and fitness became easier and that made the weight come off easier which again increased my enthusiasm and made activity more enjoyable and on and on and on...

Apparently there is an economic term, "virtuous  cycle", that covers this type of positive feedback loop.  But that word, "virtuous", is too loaded for me.  I think I prefer "victorious  cycle".  I was victorious.  I celebrated every small victory and that propelled me to achieve the next.

Having started the cycle I was motivated and encouraged and empowered to become the new me.

Victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment