Thursday 9 August 2012

Contemplation Before Consumption

While I have maintained most of my good eating habits and continued to track (Weight Watchers method) since reaching goal, I have been splurging and my weight is threatening to creep upwards.  I won't say that the weight will 'return' because that weight is gone for good.  Any increase now is new and I declare it my enemy!

Yesterday was my first day back using my 'weight loss' points (instead of maintenance) and it went well.  I quickly fell into the more disciplined mindset of "contemplation before consumption", asking myself if I really am hungry and really want to 'waste' the points on the chosen item.  It's amazing how well this works.  I really do put things down, back in the box / fridge / cupboard, and move onto some fruit or veggies if I really am hungry or onto another task if my contemplation reveals simple boredom.

So, onto day 2 back at it and an added challenge: we are off to the campsite this afternoon.  I have plenty of experience keeping on plan while camping but am keenly aware this morning that I must plan well, very well.

S'mores can be on-plan too!

No comments:

Post a Comment