Wednesday 15 August 2012

Whose Jeans are These?

My husband has always been slimmer than I am.  As long as we've known each other that's just been the way it is.  So, whose clothes are whose has always been clear.  At some slimmer times in my life maybe I'd wear a sweatshirt of his but he'd worry I'd stretch out the waistband with my big hips...

I mention this because the other evening he showed up in the kitchen doing a camp, exaggerated, modelling of a pair of jean - my jeans!  He had them on and they were rather snug indeed.  Too funny!

Not only does it delight me that we cannot be sure whose jeans are whose at a glance and that I can wear his tops and they fit, it makes me realise how skewed my self-image still is: I look at his shape and size and cannot fathom that I am in the same region.  In my mind, I am still significantly larger.

But has he's just proven, that's not the case.  I am indeed that slim.

I am indeed slim.

Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment