Wednesday 8 August 2012

Back to Basics

Having come this far - 60lbs lost - I am determined not to return to my prior size & shape.  That 'me' is gone, deleted!  Hah.

So, now that I see my weight creeping upwards, I must act.  It is only a couple of pounds and I know exactly which lazy eating habits are too blame.  But I also know that I am complacent lately as if this new me can withstand anything.  Which of course we know I am not.  All the jogging in the world does not justify snacking on cookies after all I've learned.

And what have I been doing wrong?  Not planning.  Not keeping my environment 'safe' from intruders (cookies, baked goods, cheese sauce - just because they are for the kids does not mean I won't eat them!).  Change in routines (not working out of the home, camping trips) without mindful preparation to foster good food choices.  Utter exhaustion (busy times) has led to 'fuel feeding' - trying desperately to boost my energy with sugary, fatty foods that provide that instant kick but wear off quickly.  This last one is the worst because I know better, I really do.  I should choose something more wholesome that will actually provide sustaining energy IF I really must stay awake.  Ideally, however, why don't I just get some sleep?

So, I have to go BACK TO BASICS.  I am going to focus once again on my food intake with the attention of a scientist.  I now know that it is relatively easy as long as one commits the effort and planning. So here I go, let's get those few pounds off and reaffirm my confidence and resolve.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment