Thursday 2 February 2012

The Afternoon Munchies - My Witching Hour

The afternoon munchies are one of my really tricky 'diet' issues... they come predictably and reliably, it's not like I can cure them! I do need to answer the call and fill up or I will suffer all the way to the supper table and probably overdo supper because of the prolonged hunger. Quite frankly, I need to satisfy the afternoon munchies to keep the "inner-B" in check as well, she surfaces when I'm hungry, no question.

So, what to do? I would really like something loaded with carbs (stave off the exhaustion of the day so far) and sweet (quick fix). But we all know those are not a good combo (danish, anyone?!)

Here's my tactic: snack on (a lot) of veggies and maybe a babybel first.  If the sweet tooth is still nagging at least you'll be more likely to satisfy it with something small.  I find I usually quench the urgent need to munch by the time I finish the crudités. Then if I'm unsure if I've had enough, the little cheese usually does it. Then if I still want something sweet, I'm perfectly satisfied with a little 2-point something (WW has some good little portion-controlled treats or a little bite of chocolate or a couple graham crackers).

No comments:

Post a Comment