Thursday 2 February 2012

Things I've Noticed... My Compost Bin!

Okay, my compost bin is hard to miss - big plastic tub on our kitchen counter. But what I noticed the other day and was pleased to see was how beautifully full it was from the day's meal preparation. So beautiful, in fact, that I almost snapped a picture!

I had emptied it that morning and by early evening, after the dinner-time prep and next-day-lunch duty, it was brimming with celery tops, fruit and veg peels in every colour - it was like an artistic representation of the health of my family! I loved it.

It made me realise how well we eat now. I get all uptight when my kids don't eat a good meal or leave all but one item on their plates untouched. But seeing this made me blissfully aware that at the end of the day we have eaten our way through a marvellous assortment of fresh, wholesome, delicious produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment