Tuesday 28 February 2012

New Year's Resolutions - 2 Month Review

On 8th January I took the time to write down the things I'd been thinking about for my New Year's Resolutions, here's how I've been doing:

- get to goal and stay under it: so far so good.
- run 10k: almost, 9k is my furthest so far.
- stop shouting [at my kids]: going well this week, has been a struggle to learn strategies for change but feeling very optimistic about my newly learned skills.
- smile more...: smiling so much more, yes!
- date nights weekly, biweekly?  We are working on this.  Got out for a lunch date this weekend, great.
- wear dresses: wearing them so often and loving it!
- be last-minute-lady more often, spontaneity is fun: I have definitely been doing this.  Spontaneity is fun but it has not always had good results.  The kids are a bit thrown by it and I find I'm not as good at my job.  In fact, about my job, I'm just not spending so much extra time planning and worrying and stressing so I'm probably just as good at my job I'm just doing less of it in my 'off' time.  Since the goal was to stress less and enjoy more, I think I am succeeding.

I also added a longer-term 2012 goal: run a half marathon.  Well I've signed up for one in June so watch this space!

All in all I think I'm doing very well.  I'm sticking with & working on the skills and habits needed to keep to the resolutions and I think 2 months in, that's pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment