Thursday 9 February 2012

How do I Protect Mini-Me?

How can I protect new-found Mini-Me from regaining all the weight and transforming once again into Fat-Lisa? (I'm not calling her "Fat-Me" anymore as I want to distance myself...)

I need to be very clear about what is better now that I am slimmer. This is very hard to express, to encapsulate, but I'm trying hard and will no doubt continue to have lots of posts about it.

But what I have not been recording and what I think will help is a recollection of what I did NOT LIKE about being Fat-Lisa. So, here are some thoughts on why I don't want to gain back the 55lbs I have gotten rid of (have to stop saying I 'lost' the weight, I am not looking to find it again!):

  1. I used to be SO uncomfortable: sitting, getting up, bending over, lugging around my big body
  2. My feet hurt a lot of the time, especially in the mornings. Now, only high heels make me feel my feet. High heels?! Yes, my feet are so happy I can wear pretty shoes again!
  3. I couldn't do any exercise, it was too hard to get started and was therefore NO fun at all.
  4. I was out of breath after walking up just a few stairs or playing with my kids for just a few minutes.
  5. I realise now that tidying up my kids toys, ie picking stuff up off the floor, was made annoying because it was hard work bending down over an over. Not 'sweating' hard work but now that I know how easy it is as a smaller person, I realise it was hard work before.
  6. Sitting down, lowering my big heavy body, was tough. I was heavy, it was a lot to lower.
  7. Getting up. Grunt. Groan. No more need be said.
  8. Run? No way. Too much of me to lug around and too much wiggling about on me. When I started the learn to run program at the same time as starting WW, I was doing 60 seconds of 'running' (barely shuffling) at a time and was barely shuffling faster than walking. Hard to believe what I can do now!
  9. Crossing one leg over the next was a balancing act, now one leg drops into place over the other.
  10. Any stretches or yoga poses I try are possible now because there is not a bunch of 'me' in the way of my body bending!
I do NOT want that lazy, heavy, achey body back!

It is worth pointing out that I was not an unhappy person: I was content with who I was and very happy with my life. I just realise now that I have greater happiness feeling so fit and healthy in my body. The fitness allows me greater pleasure in all of my life, it's just a relative improvement. I was not unhappy, I am just now happier and want to keep that.

No comments:

Post a Comment