Wednesday 11 January 2012

A Day at Work

I received so much support and encouragement and congratulations at work today, it really was just so lovely. There will not be another time when I will get such attention, such positive credit, and I am trying very hard to savour it completely.

People I see often and people I rarely see comment: how different I look. What have I done to change? Compliments and stunned reactions. It's so rewarding and so encouraging and heartwarming.

I think the process becomes gradual and while I am shocked when I think of 50 pounds I also believe the shock is no longer new, it sinks in as you near it. But when you see the amazement, the awe, when you tell people how much you have lost, you get to experience the astonishment of hearing it out of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment