Wednesday 11 January 2012

My Boots

In early December as the Christmas sales were just getting started, I bought myself a pair of gorgeous Clarks tall boots - beautiful.

The deal with myself was that they were for reaching goal. I bought them when I found my size at a good price. They were not the incentive as I was enjoying the losing enough that I did not need any external motivation. No, they were the prize, the reward, for the dedication and hard work.

They sat in their box in my bedroom egging me on but other than playing dress-up on the occasional evening they stayed in the box. Until this morning. Today I put them on with my size 12 Ralph Lauren jeans that have been waiting for me to fit in them. Today I got to wear my new Prize Boots because I am 50 lbs lighter.

50 pounds lighter

I just like to see it and write it and say it and wallow in the wonder of it.

Wearing my boots today allowed me to think about it all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment